5578 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Issue while installing Host Agents

kunjuttan
Super Advisor

Issue while installing Host Agents

Hi All,

I have a Linux Server(Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.1 (Santiago)) in which I am trying to install Host Agent for Hitachi Tuning Manager. But while installing the package, I am getting the below error. Please check and let me know if anybody can suggest any workarounds to solve the issue.

[root@PHTORD299 Agent_for_Server_System]# /TMtest/Linux/Agent_for_Server_System/install.sh

Begin installation of Hitachi Tuning Manager - Agent for Server System - 7.2.0(7.2.0-00)

Support OS: Linux x86/x64

Fri Jun 29 13:15:17 IST 2012

>     A current version [0950]

>     A premise version [0950]

>     Install version ok [ 072000 ]

>     Agent Common Component version ok [ 072000 ]

/TMtest/Linux/Agent_for_Server_System/install.sh: /opt/jp1pc/bin/getpinfo: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory

>     Shutdown all Tuning Manager processes.

/TMtest/Linux/Agent_for_Server_System/install.sh: /opt/jp1pc/tools/jpcctrl: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory

The service will now stop.

/TMtest/Linux/Agent_for_Server_System/install.sh: /opt/jp1pc/tools/jpcstop: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory

>     /opt/jp1pc/tools/jpcstop: Completed.

Installing The Common Files.

./setup failed( exit code : 1 ).

The Common Files install failed.

The installation failed.

[root@PHTORD299 Agent_for_Server_System]#

1 REPLY 1
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: Issue while installing Host Agents

In a 64-bit RHEL 6.1 system, the primary versions of the essential system libraries are located in /lib64 and /usr/lib64; the /lib and /usr/lib are reserved for 32-bit versions of the libraries.

Your error message probably indicates that you did not install the optional "Compatibility libraries" package group when installing the OS. That makes the system effectively "64-bit only": the system can run 32-bit software only if the compatibility libraries are installed. Apparently some of the tools used by the installer of the HTM Host Agent are 32-bit binaries.

If the system is properly registered to RedHat Network (or you have a local RPM repository of RHEL 6.1 packages configured), the problem can be fixed with this command:

yum groupinstall "Compatibility libraries"

This will automatically install 32-bit versions of the most commonly required system libraries.

If you need to minimize the number of packages to be installed, the package that contains /lib/ld-linux.so.2 is the 32-bit glibc RPM. You could install only that package with "yum install glibc.i686". However, if you do this, you're likely to find that the installation will fail again, with a slightly different error message, until all the required 32-bit libraries are installed. (You might want to use "ldd /opt/jp1pc/bin/getpinfo", "ldd /opt/jp1pc/tools/jpcctrl" and "ldd /opt/jp1pc/tools/jpcstop" commands to identify the libraries required by each binary, and then install the 32-bit versions of all of them.)

MK