System Administration
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

J5600 - MirrorDisk - Online JFS

Occasional Advisor

J5600 - MirrorDisk - Online JFS

[ Edited ]

I've a J5600 WS with 4 disks. I'm busy to purchase the license for Mirror disk and OnlineJFS for this type of WS. I have already these licences for L1000 servers in my lab. When I try to test if it work on J5600WS with the application CD (+codeword) for L1000. I don't see the Mirror Dsik and OnlineJFS on the media so not able to install it on the J5600 WS.
Are these SW compatible with J5600 WS or do I need to wait until I receive new SW + codeword for J5600 WS ?
Thanks beforehands.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to HP-UX > sysadmin. -HP Forum Moderator

Acclaimed Contributor [Founder]

Re: J5600 - MirrorDisk - Online JFS

for HP-UX version 11.00 and 11.11 the software for servers and workstations is the same. To be legal, you need a license for each system. The software is usually on the first application disk.

Hope this helps!

There are only 10 types of people in the world -
those who understand binary, and those who don't.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Occasional Advisor

Thanks. You're right the Mirror disk and online JFS is on the first disk. I'm aware that I need a legal license, I'm working with my HP local support for that. Wat I'm trying to do is test if it works using application CD from a server I have. If I try to use the codeword for the first CD, I don't see the Mirror disk and the OnlineJFS software on it. So I suspect that I need a new codeword...
Honored Contributor [Founder]

Yes you would need new codeword and new application CD.

Eventhough , the product is same for servers and workstations, there is separate licensing for servers and workstations and for models 800 and 700 boxes.
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the response.
It was very helpfull.

So I will purchase a license for my WS.