5994 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

LAN problem

Shardha
Valued Contributor

Re: LAN problem

Dear,

I belive if you turn off auto negotiation and set it to full duplex FD. This will work perfectly.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

> I belive if you turn off auto negotiation and set it to full duplex FD. This will work perfectly.

In a work: No.

This is not how GB ether works. It is designed to be set to auto-negotiate. Forcing either end of the connection as suggested is how you end up with a situation like Ron is in.

Pete

Pete
Ganesan R
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Another issue if you set manually will be Duplex mismatching.

Read this about the impact of duplex mismatching...

A duplex mismatch occurs when two connected devices are configured in different duplex modes. This may happen for example if one is configured for autonegotiation while the other one has a fixed mode of operation that is full duplex (no autonegotiation). In such conditions, the autonegotiation device correctly detects the speed of operation, but is unable to correctly detect the duplex mode. As a result, it sets the correct speed but starts using the half duplex mode.

When a device is operating in full duplex while the other one operates in half duplex, the connection works at a very low speed if both devices attempt to send frames at the same time
Best wishes,

Ganesh.
G V R Shankar
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Can you please post the o/p of

ioscan -funC lan
netstat -ni

Ravi.
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

Here's the files requested.

Bear in mind, HP APA is installed, and was working fine on our old server. We bought a new one, (rp8420,) and ignited from the old 8420. That's where the lan900 comes in.
Should have been an astronaut.
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

Here's the ioscan
G V R Shankar
Valued Contributor

Please give me the o/p of lanscan -q and lanadmin -x for (both the interfaces) in lan900

Ravi.
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

Hi!! Here's the lanscan -q. Bear in mind we only have 1 lan there until we get the speed sorted out.
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

and here's the lanadmin -x
G V R Shankar
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I am unable to open both the atatchments. Could you please paste the o/p in thread.

Cheers,
Ravi.