1751847 Members
5097 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

LDAP error IA64 RP2600

Norman Dignard
Regular Advisor

LDAP error IA64 RP2600

Fresh install of 11v3, no ldap configured.
rc.log reports ldap skipped, nothing in syslog.
In smh, came across error logs and noted the following that reoccurs every few minutes>
[Thu Mar 05 08:42:28 2009] [error] [client 10.xxxxx] ERROR: GET_LDAP_CONFIG_FAILED:, referer: https://nesaweb.deveng.local:2381/chpstrt.php?chppath=Tools%3A%3ADisks%20and%20File%20Systems&chppage=Disks
[Thu Mar 05 08:42:28 2009] [error] [client 10.xxxxx] Cannot read ldapux_profile.bin file: -6., referer: https://nesaweb.deveng.local:2381/chpstrt.php?chppath=Tools%3A%3ADisks%20and%20File%20Systems&chppage=Disks

How do I stop these errors? Is there additional ldap setup steps required even if we're not using ldap?

I also tried running, thinking that it needs the ldapux_profile.bin file but it also fails

>create_profile_cache
/etc/opt/ldapux/ldapux_profile.ldif does not exist.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Bob Neal-Joslin
Trusted Contributor

Re: LDAP error IA64 RP2600

I'm afraid I wasn't able to reproduce your problem, though my system is not 100% fresh install of 11.31.

Could you confirm which log is reporting these errors? Using the SMH logs tab, I looked at the "SAM Log Viewer", "System Log Viewer" and the "System Management Homepage Log Viewer". Have you altered any log settings (detail levels, etc...?)

Without having the ability to investiagte further, I could only guess. And it seems like it's a bug in SMH, since not having LDAP-UX configured should not be considered and error condition. I'd open up a support call with HP.
Norman Dignard
Regular Advisor

In smh its in the smh menu -> logs-> homepage log file.
The actual logs are written to /var/opt/hpsmh/logs
Norman Dignard
Regular Advisor

Raise a case with HP. There a little stuped at this as well. so far I'm just ignoring the errors until HP comes up with a fix.

this doesn not apear to be afecting the system anyways.
Pongtawat

Hi Norman Dignard,

I think your problem
it happen from permission on these file:
/opt/hpsmh/lbin/smhauth
/opt/hpsmh/lbin/smhrun
/opt/hpsmh/lbin/smhstart

they must have set permission like this:

chown root:hpsmh /opt/hpsmh/lbin/smhauth
chown root:hpsmh /opt/hpsmh/lbin/smhrun
chown root:hpsmh /opt/hpsmh/lbin/smhstart

chmod 4550 /opt/hpsmh/lbin/smhauth
chmod 4550 /opt/hpsmh/lbin/smhrun
chmod 4550 /opt/hpsmh/lbin/smhstart

First, i have problem can login and i found howto solve its from this link
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1228468

(Credit from whiteknight)

When i do follow those link, i can back to login again.
but when i wanna access Disk tool, i got a same problem.

At last, I found that the problem happen because i for got to change permission to have "sticky bit" on:
/opt/hpsmh/lbin/smhauth
/opt/hpsmh/lbin/smhrun
/opt/hpsmh/lbin/smhstart

Good luck
Un..Un
Norman Dignard
Regular Advisor

Pongtawat - I verified/reset the ACL's on the files you listed as well as those from your link but that did not change a thing. The only file that was not per the ACL's from the post was the /var/opt/hpsmh/tomcat dir. Regardless of its settings I still get the smh errors in the logs. I can however use smh.

Are your smh logs clean or are you also getting errors? /var/opt/hpsmh/logs