1753318 Members
6344 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LV & PV issue !!!!

SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

That was a stunning explanation .. I admire your Thorsten.. Keep going.

100 points from me :)
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
Yogesh M Puranik
Valued Contributor

@Torsten:Looks like you access the SAN via 1 switch only. Where is the connection to the other SAN?

- - - - -
u mean to say...the SAN access is happening via 1 switch only and not with other switch isn't it ??

but i will be very greatful to u if can u please explain me in brief,how u can predict the same?? and what is the relation of the same causing difference between cueernt and active PV??

appritiate ur help .
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I was probably wrong. You are using a dual port HBA, 2/0/8/1/0/4/0... and 2/0/8/1/0/4/1..., I overlooked this.

However,
Cur PV 16
Act PV 11
means, there are 16 configured "disks", but only 11 are available. So you have no access to 5 disks/LUNs. Compare your ioscan with the VG configurations to find out which are missing.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Sharma Sanjeev
Respected Contributor

Hi Yogesh,

You can use vgreduce -f option,

This option does not require a physical volume to be supplied on the command line. vgreduce obtains the name of each physical volume belonging to the volume group from the file /etc/lvmtab. It then reads the LVM structures from each PV and compares these with that held by the kernel to work out which PVs are missing. PVs which are missing will be candidates for removal. If all the physical extents on the missing PV are free then it will be removed from the volume group

Regards
Sanjeev
Everything is Possible as " IMPOSSIBLE" word itself says I M POSSIBLE