108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Linux ACU, where is it?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steven McCoy
Valued Contributor

Linux ACU, where is it?

I am looking for the latest version of the HP Array Configuration Utility for DL360's (G5).

All the links for Linux ACU (via HP Support) are dead. Most of the forum threads I've found via search are for Windows ACU, not Linux. The Linux threads refer to the dead links.
7 REPLIES 7
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: Linux ACU, where is it?

Probably you will find it on the latest HP Support Pack CD image.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

http://www.hp.com --> Support & Drivers --> [Select] Download drivers and software (and firmware) --> [Fill in server model] --> [Select your distribution] --> Array Configuration Utility

I was just successful getting ACU for RHEL 4 x86.
Steven McCoy
Valued Contributor

Thanks guys, I was going about a different method for finding it.

I have installed the utilities on a couple DL360 G5's (running RHEL5), and both of them have randomly "crashed" while viewing ACU via the System Mgmt Homepage. After viewing the local console of the most recent one, I noticed a kernel panic. Unfortunately I was not able to take a snapshot or write down the error.

Do kernel panics in RHEL5 happen often when using ACU via System Mgmt Homepage? If you would like details on the panics, I can probably dig that info up sometime later this week.
James Grinter

What hardware are you configuring with ACU?

The programs that run behind the scenes, and the drivers that are exercised, will depend upon which arrays you have.
Steven McCoy
Valued Contributor

Thanks for your reply (should I start a new thread with a more suiting title?).

Below are the versions of packages I am running:

cpqacuxe-8.10-2
hpsmh-2.1.15-210
HPOvMI-4.70.000-1
hpadu-8.10-4
HPOvARM-4.70.000-1
hpacucli-8.10-2

Hardware (according to lspci):

Hewlett-Packard Company P400i SAS Controller

Procedure:

The 'hpsmhd' service is starting automatically on boot and running.

I then manually start cpqacuxe:

/usr/sbin/cpqacuexe -R

I then connect via https://hostname:2381

Steven McCoy
Valued Contributor

There was a local HP rep here for Insight Manager Deployment and he suggested I obtain and install the latest Proliant Support Pack. I found it here (after doing a simple support downloads search for "Proliant Support Pack"):

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=3716246&prodNameId=3716247&swEnvOID=4004&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-78d07034470943c7bfd64ac1d4

Ran the install script, rebooted the server, and now ACU is a lot more stable, no more kernel panics. Thanks for your help, guys!
Steven McCoy
Valued Contributor

Local HP Rep referred me to the latest Proliant Support Pack (PSP) online.