Did you mean: 

Linux Red Hat 4 updat 6 on RX6600

SOLVED
Go to solution
ACossa
Occasional Contributor

Linux Red Hat 4 updat 6 on RX6600

Hi All,
I'm new on Linux so your help is welcome.

1 - I do have on RX6600 server installed Linux Red Hat update 6.
2 - I had one Smart Arrey 6404 Card
3 - I need a command to list if it was recognised
4 - Also I need to connect using the 6404 card to an external storage
5 - How can I configure the external storage work and see on my rx6600 server.

Thx,
AC
2 REPLIES
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Linux Red Hat 4 updat 6 on RX6600

Run "lspci" to see if the SmartArray card is physically connected. If it is, you should see a line saying something like:

xx:yy.z RAID bus controller: Compaq Computer Corporation Smart Array 64xx (rev nn)

If a directory /proc/driver/cciss exists, the OS has recognized at least one SmartArray controller. That directory will contain one file for each detected SmartArray controller. The size of the file(s) is indicated as 0 because the content is generated dynamically as you open the file. If the directory does not exist, the SmartArray driver did not load or did not detect any controllers.

For example, run "cat /proc/driver/cciss/cciss0" to see basic information about the first recognized SmartArray controller.

If you have installed the "HP Integrity Linux Essentials Foundation Pack for Linux" software pack, you should have the "hpacucli" command which you can use to configure the SmartArray. Run "hpacucli help" to get instructions.

See:
http://www.hp.com/go/integritylinuxessentials

Manuals for SmartArray 6400 series:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual〈=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=101&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=367226

MK
MK
ACossa
Occasional Contributor

Re: Linux Red Hat 4 updat 6 on RX6600

Hi Matti,

I have done the command:

#cat /proc/driver/cciss/cciss0 and below is the output

cciss0: hp smart array 6400 controller
board id: 0x409C0e11
firmware version: 2.48
etc...
etc...

Now for me this meen that the OS recognised the card but what should them be done as I need to connect it to external storage, I meen what are the command to configure the external storage after connected.
Thx,
AC