6979 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Local repository for B.11.31 U ia64

hpdmbldr
Occasional Advisor

Local repository for B.11.31 U ia64

Hi,

I need to build a repository for some HP UX systems my team manages. The engineer provided the following:  B.11.31 U ia64

i've googled and also used the add_repo.sh script (it failed, too many brackets) and am simply trying to locate the path for any patch/repo files that I can rsync to my local server.

I started here:  downloads.linux.hpe.com/SDR/repo/spp   (I'm assuming it's spp?)

From there, I don't know where to go. Does anyone know the full path? What other info do I need from engineer to help decide proper path?

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

not sure what you are trying to do, but linux and spp has nothing to do with hp-ux.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
hpdmbldr
Occasional Advisor

yes, I just found out spp doesn't do ia64 arch.

So, where do I go? I just found out it's an Integrity Server. It runs HP US. Where would I find repo files?

Thanks!

hpdmbldr
Occasional Advisor

More info:

ia64 hp Integrity rx2800 i4

Ideas?

Thanks!

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

what exactly you are looking for?

hp-ux is not for free.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

hpdmbldr
Occasional Advisor

Oh. My rep told me it was. At my company, an account used to be required. They stopped that, telling me no account/subscription is required. Free download from hp.com

I am looking for a way to build a local repository. Like with RedHat/Centos. I thought it was easy like RHEl/Cent.

Just rsync to server, pull down files and store on local system. RHEL has rpm files, same with Centos.

That's what I'm trying to accomplsih.

If I can't get that for free, then what do I need to do?

Thanks!

Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

All patches and upgrades require an HPE support contract. You need to contact HPE sales in your area and purchase the contract. Then you can download the install images, patches and special features.

NOTE: HP-UX is not Linux. The login shell is the HPE POSIX shell, virtually identical to the Korn88 shell and similar to Bash. But just like Solaris and AIX, each flavor of Unix is very different when it comes to system administration. There are lots of free docs online that can provide answers to specific questions, but you'll need to take some classes to learn HP-UX.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
hpdmbldr
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Bill.

My engineer told me HPUX was Linux... good to know it's not. I don't work on or support HPUX, just need to build a repo.

Maybe I'm not using the proper terminolgy, I'm from Linux background. I don't need patches, images, special features, etc.

I need files, here's an example:

Go to :  https://downloads.linux.hpe.com/SDR/repo/spp/redhat/7Server/x86_64/current/

Within that folder are a bunch of files. I'm assuming these are used to update RHEL 7 systems on the x86_64 platform. Is this a correct assumption? If so, I'll need the equivalent for HP UX ia64. Is that what you're referring to that I'll need a support contract?

This is confusing because all other Linux distros I use provide this for free, they DO charge for other software, but repos are free. Repos contain update, files not patches.

If there IS a fee for a repo, then I'll have to use something else as I'm sure we won't pay for a support contract for a repo.

Thanks.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

your example link points to SPP, this is something totally different.
it is a collection of firmware, drivers and utilities for Proliant server line.

something quite similar is on each hp-ux install and application media. many of them you can get from software.hp.com

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

There is no automated way (ie, rsync) to download all the components for an HP-UX system on the rx2800-i4 platform.

HP-UX is a licensed product so you need a contract to download the OS updates and patches.
For HP-UX drivers, utilities and extra features, use: http://software.hp.com
The rx2800-i4 has a firmware license so downloading firmware also requires a contract. Here's the link: 

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5330451&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4001

You'll need an HPE Passport (free) to download from software.hp.com, and if you purchase a support contract, you can link the support agreement to your passport to get the licensed software and firmware.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin