1752540 Members
4718 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Locating a subset in 4.0D

SR Rao
Advisor

Locating a subset in 4.0D

Hi all, How do we find the location of a subset in Tru64 4.0D version. I need to install the subset to make the server C2 secruity compliant. Any idea on where to get the latest subset, would be great..

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

any reason, you are still on such an old release and not at least on 4.0f where you could get more docs and support?

I would mount the os cdrom, cd /mountpoint and do a setld -l .
It should be a part of the operating system software.

greetings,

Michael
SR Rao
Advisor

Thanks, newayz it doesnt happen to be this simple!!! We as of now dont have access to the CD-ROM. Hence I was looking for some online reference where I can download the C2 Security Subset. If someone knows the exact link!??

I happen to have some .ctrl .inv files in /usr/.smdb. directory. Will this be of some help??

Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

you can check with
setld -i | grep -i "c2sec"
what is installed already.
Since tru64 is not free/shareware there is no legal download site.

Have you tried my approach to install from operating system cd?

greetings,

Michael
SR Rao
Advisor

ya Micheal, I had checked that and it is not installed. It shows the subset OSFC2SEC425 and OSFC2SEC425X but it is not installed.

I access http://ftp.digital.com/pub for quite few patches and all, but couldnt find it there. Maybe because TRU64 is not freeware/shareware... Since I control the server remotely, and getting the CD-ROM is going to be a difficult task!!! So was venturing on some work around... Ne idea on that!!!

Greetings,
Harsh
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Harsh,

you will need a cdrom one way or the other.
It looks like there is no workaround.
You need one anyway in case the server happens to break down!

Michael
Kaushik Chatterjee

hi,

you can check by typing setld -i. This will give you the listing of all the subsets installed. For C2 security the subset will be available in the os cd only.
Mount the cd . Mount /dev/rz4c /mnt. (say rz4c is the cdrom drive) then go to the alpha diectory and look for the C2 security subset. Install all the subsets related to C2 security.

Then install the latest patches for the particular os version for C2 security.
Then read carefully through the document and then implement C2(enhanced) security through secsetup command.