6218 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Logewatch hangs reading NFS mounts from windows

Darouichi, Aziz
Occasional Contributor

Logewatch hangs reading NFS mounts from windows

Hi,

We are using Windows 2003 NFS services for Linux to mount a number of shares from windows file server to RHEL4, so that our Oracle programs can write data to those windows shares for users to read " for security no users can access Linux boxes and no users account are created in the box except for service accounts"
If I run logewatch --print or logwatch -mailto, or df -h from command line it hangs reading NFS mounts then I have to kill the commands. Checking the /tmp logs the logwatch runs but it doesn't send email because it sets at the task of reading drive info speccifcly reading the mounts. It aborts after a period of time. Is there a way to exclude NFS shares from being read? Either using df тАУh or logwatch script/

Thanks

Aziz
2 REPLIES 2
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Re: Logewatch hangs reading NFS mounts from windows

Do you see any NFS timeout or rpc entries in your syslog? Do you have recurring timeouts/hangs on your Linux server reading or writing from/to your NFS service on Win2k3?

What version of NFS is used to do the mount? and is it tcp or udp? Is your Win2K3 NFS Server on a busy LAN or slow network?

Lots of possibilities here so you should start t'shooting your NFS issues firstly.

Hakuna Matata.
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Logewatch hangs reading NFS mounts from windows

Hi,

Is there a way to exclude NFS shares from being read?
http://old.nabble.com/zz-disk_space-broken-nfs-problem-td21291442.html

Hope the above post helps.

Thanks.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo