Operating System - HP-UX
1753274 Members
4966 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Login Error, "Permission Denied" in HP-UX 11.31 Itanium through root and other user

Vedang
Regular Visitor

Re: Login Error, "Permission Denied" in HP-UX 11.31 Itanium through root and other user

@Patrick Wallek I have two other HPUX Systems in the Production Environment and they are connected in the same network that is presumably they are a part of a vertical or horizontal server rack and none of them can be accessed via a console or a traditional monitor. But since they are on the same network I think they still can be used to connect and access each other. Assuming this to be an option, can you guide me exactly how should I access the frozen system with the damaged /usr from other HPUX system via ssh or some other option. If ever I could just login into the system even through a command line then I could think of changing each and every permission to its default by comparing it with those from a finely running system.

Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

> [...] part of a vertical or horizontal server rack [...]

The length of the wire is not the problem.

> [...] can you guide me exactly how should I access the frozen system
> [...]

> So, that would be SSH using PuTTY?  Have you tried Telnet?
> RSH/REMSH?

Still wondering.

You could try using NFS to access the damaged disk from a working
system, but I'd expect this to fail, too.

> [...] If ever I could just login into the system even through a
> command line then [...]

True, but you may have made this impossible, hence my suggestion of
transplanting the damaged disk to a working system.

Vedang
Regular Visitor

@Steven Schweda Have tried rlogin and telnet but in both the cases the system is giving a "Permission Denied" error.