108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Looking for advice on EDI for AS2 on hpux 11.23

Steve Post
Trusted Contributor

Looking for advice on EDI for AS2 on hpux 11.23

I have some hp servers.
One of them has websites on it.
I have an internal edi process that has been working fine for well over six years.
I hear that if you want to work with some big, commercial companies, they require AS2.

Everything I found on AS2 online required me to sit at my PC 24x7 and manually move files. I rather do the work automatically like I have for.... well for a long, long time.

I also saw a lot of sites that want to handle it for me, for a fee. But I'm looking for information, not a snake-oil salesman sales pitch.

I am looking for advice. Is there a way to setup for AS2 EDI transactions using cronjobs and hpux? What do you, HPUX Unix person, do?
2 REPLIES 2
Steve Post
Trusted Contributor

Ok......
If no one has advice, let me ask this instead.

What packaged software did you use? How did you put it in to UNIX? You you even use UNIX for this business process?

cloneab
Occasional Visitor

Well, Steve from 2010, this is Steve from 2014.   I don't have an answer for you.

I find it extremely hard to believe such a thing does not exist.  It's like saying ascii text does not exist, ...or forums....or this text I am typing right now.   ...or computers.... or shoes.

It looks like AS2 is a method, more than a package.   There might be a package out there.  But I have not found one that is installed on hpux 11.3. 

I tried another method.  I decided to be an imaginary company trying to work EDI with Walmart. 

Their websites told me to go to Drummond, who (after I gave them an email), let me see the list of AS2 certified software packages. From there, I found HP, but it was really this “goanywhere director” thing.

http://www.goanywheremft.com/products/services/as2-server