New Discussion юеВ

Re: Loosing network connectivity

SOLVED
Go to solution
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Hi,
the first two tasks on my earlier post will identify any external hardware problems.
If you have traffic light on your card, that means your switch is ok and your calbe is ok.
Problem solving by elimination.
Marvin Strong
Honored Contributor

Yep solve by elmination, no OS changes physically look at the hardware as suggested.
OS files still entact.
link light yes/no?
network cable / card
Sp4admin
Trusted Contributor

Hi etc,

Are yuo seeing any link lights on the NIC card? I would talk to the network people to verify that the port is good or needs to reset that port. Also start checking other Components. like cable, /etc/rc.config.d/netconf file, stop and start the network daemon, etc.

sp,

Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

If I were you, I would not be so hardlined on "nothing has been changed" stance. When was the last time this server was reboot. If it is not 5 minutes ago, I would easily suspect a jump-the-gun type sysadmin doing a "temporary" change and forgetting to back it out.

hardware failure is always a possibility upon reboot. But considering the server class being so recent, I do not think that your hardware may have been worn out of many restarts, so that it will fail at this time. Again, bad hardware is still not totally out of question.

lanadmin -x lan#

may give you some detailed information on the interface as well.

Hi:

You should look at '/var/adm/syslog/OLDsyslog.log' for any clues, too. Since you rebooted, the OLD log may hold the information that will decipher this riddle.

Regards!

...JRF...
dictum9
Super Advisor

> Are yuo seeing any link lights on the NIC card?

Yes, the lights are there.