1753428 Members
4959 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MC SG Lan load balanceing

pa8700
Regular Advisor

MC SG Lan load balanceing

Pls some bosy tell me , if i have four lan card dedicated for STATIONARY IPs, How can i distribute the trafic across these nics in MCSG
4 REPLIES 4
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

Re: MC SG Lan load balanceing

You need to install and setup HP's auto port aggregation product. It costs around $1200.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
pa8700
Regular Advisor

I am expecting a soltion with out APA
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

Again the "hammer" example: If you only have a hammer as a tool, it still does not make all the problems solvable by using a hammer.

MCSG is not designed to handle network load balancing. Unless you have network equipment based load balancers, which will distribute the load in a method of your preference, the only thing you can use, which is supported, is, HP's Auto Port Aggregation (APA) software.

Just that you wish not to use APA and solve the problem using MCSG does not make it happen so. If somebody told you or sold you MCSG with the promise that it can do load balancing without any additional software, they flat out lied.

If there is such a way to accomplish this, I'd be really curious to find out how and save my company several hundred thousand dollars in licensing costs.

Good luck!
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"