5127 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Machine booting issue 11.23 IA64---PLS HELP

Trng
Super Advisor

Machine booting issue 11.23 IA64---PLS HELP

Dear Gurus,

i was installing some patches ,and found few patcehs wre corrupted and removed those pacthes (PHKL_36750) ,AFTER removing iam getting lots of errors,even my kernel also not booting .i have booted from my backup and i am getting the error while issuing swlit/swintsall etc.

error is

Pthread internal error: message: __pthread_startup() failed , file: /ux/core/lib
s/threadslibs/src/common/pthreads/pthread.c, line: 8963
Return Pointer is 0xc093c730
Quit(coredump)

pls provide a solution for this

rgds
administrator
10 REPLIES 10
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

This looks like some type of libpthread issue.
You probably need to boot from your ignite backup.
Trng
Super Advisor

Hi ,

pls tell me how to boot from rx2600 node.is it shipped with DVD drive and how to recover from ignite ..should i boot from CD then recover from Ignite ?.

in my EFI Prompt i am getting ata primary master as blk0: .can anyone tell me how to boot through DVD ?

rgds
administrator
Analyst
Trusted Contributor

Hi Trng,

Check the link.

http://docs.hp.com/en/5187-0187/ch03s02.html

Follow the procedure step by step and goahead with the installation.

Thanks,
Analyst.
Eric Jacklin
Regular Advisor

1) Boot the sytem
2) Intruupt the boot
3) ISL give SEA
Serach the tape device
4) bo
5) Follow the ignite Instruction.

My Suggestion : Before you hands on any KL patches please splite the mirror of your OS Disk(Incase if you have Mirror UX) and do the patching on the primary disk.

This will help you to reduce the downtime.

Regards,
Erick
jaivinder
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I think that the patch you have removed have affected the lib files of your system. To correct this problem you should have old ignite backup of your system. You can boot from the ignite tape from following steps:

1. Power on your machine
2. Interrupt your system at EFI prompt and search for the Tape drive path.
3. Load the ignite media in the tape drive and boot the system with tape drive.
4. Ignite installation will start once the tape loads and you can recover your system to the working state.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>jaivinder: I think that the patch you have removed have affected the lib files of your system.

Yes, that's what I was implying. There was a libpthread patch that depended on PHKL_36750. Unfortunately I see no obvious connection between the libpthread and PHKL_36750.

Ah, it may have nothing to do with PHKL_36750 but some other patch you added, that was "removed" by booting your backup kernel.

If you know which patches you applied and you don't have an ignite backup, you might be able to get the old libpthread back by getting it out of the save area in the the IPD. The process is complicated, so that is why I suggested using the backup.
Trng
Super Advisor

Hi Denis,

it looks interesting "If you know which patches you applied and you don't have an ignite backup, you might be able to get the old libpthread back by getting it out of the save area in the the IPD"

could you pls explain/procedure how brig back the old lipthread from IPD ?

rgds
skr
administrator
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>could you pls explain/procedure how brig back the old lipthread from IPD?

As I said, complicated. And of course I would have to reverse engineer the process.

What is the current state of your machine? Do you have it up in multi-user mode?

If so, you can use find to look for libpthread.so.1 in the IPD:
# find /var/adm/sw -name libpthread.so.1

They should be in a save directory with the name of the patch that you just installed. You probably should use what(1) on the shlib to see what you are putting back.
Trng
Super Advisor

Dear Denis,

my machine is up and running on multiuser mode and application ,database everything is wkg fine .but the problem is i canot install any new software/patch anything do this problem.even my swlist also though the same error(swagentd is not running at all )..

how to correct this .

administrator