Re: Make a recovery DVD HP-UX

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pietro84
Advisor

Make a recovery DVD HP-UX

Hi all,
I have a rx2660 with HP-UX 11.23

I havent a scsi tape for a make_tape_recovery. I have only DVD RW on the server.

I want create a bootable DVD recovery.

Can I use make_optical_recovery command?

I havent a remote Ignite server.

If I can't without remote Ignite server, how can I make a bootable DVD recovery?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Hi:

Follow the instructions found in '/opt/ignite/data/scripts/examples/make_media_install'. In fact, this script is the basis for making a bootable recovery DVD.

Regards!

...JRF...
Pietro84
Advisor

I James,
I don't think make_media_install command can help me.
I must create a recovery dvd of my entire system.

Exactly like "make_tape_recovery -x inc_entire=vg00" command.

James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi (again):

> I don't think make_media_install command can help me. I must create a recovery dvd of my entire system. Exactly like "make_tape_recovery -x inc_entire=vg00"

Did you read the documentation in the script I posted? It notes, "PURPOSE: Used to make an Ignite-UX custom system installation image on physical media (tape, CD, or DVD+RW)."

If you don't have a tape drive, then either a 'make_net_recovery' or the above bootable DVD image (that you originally asked for) are your options.

Regards!

...JRF...
cuppajo
Advisor

Well, that script also says:

"This script illustrates the steps required to prepare ... "golden image" archives ... Note: Golden image archives are used for cloning..., whereas "recovery" images are more-specific snaphots...for the purpose of reinstating these systems after a failure."

I'm in the same boat. Need a recovery, just like on tape, with all specifics one would would expect from make_tape_recovery. We have a custom script, but I was hoping there was something ready to go on the system, as it was recently installed here and isn't even connected to the lan yet. I'd like to get an Ignite recovery DVD from the system in it's present state before we clone it to our standards, without having to modify our script, write it to dvd, load it onto the new system, see if it works, etc...