New Discussion юеВ

MemFS 11i v3 (B.11.31)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Johannes Krackowizer
Occasional Advisor

MemFS 11i v3 (B.11.31)

Hi All,

i have two identical HP rx7640, one with the productive Oracle 10gR2 Database and one with Test/Development Databases and should hold in future the Standby Database.

the second rx7640 has very poor performance (Redo Logwriter IO-Waits beyond 500ms) but simple tests on the disks (EVA Storage) from the OS report me about 270MB/s. So i want to try to install a RAM Disk to let the Redo Log Writer write his logs onto RAM Disks (i know that this is very bad ;) - it's only a test scenario and will not be used for the productive environment). the goal is to see if it's a bug in Oracle Redo Log writer or a missconfiguration in EVA-Storage.

So i want to get two MemFS Disks (2x 5 GB) to store the Redologs, to see if there is a problem with the Storage or with Oracle.

But i only find howto's for HPUX 11i v2. My Question is: is it possible to run MemFS in HPUX 11i v3 (ia64) and where do i get it?

Thanks for your answers.

Johannes
21 is only the half truth
4 REPLIES 4
Dave Olker
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: MemFS 11i v3 (B.11.31)

Hi Johannes,

I don't think either MemFS or RamDisk is officially available for 11i v3 systems yet. Once they are available they will likely be distributed via software.hp.com, just as MemFS is for 11i v2 systems today.

Regards,

Dave
I work for HPE

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Johannes Krackowizer
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your answer, i hoped the answer would be another but i have to live with that.

thanks
Paul McCleary
Honored Contributor

Hi Johannes,

This might not be relevant for you anymore, but for anybody else who finds this page:

MemFS v1.0 has just been released for 11.31.

It can be obtained from:

http://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=MemFS11iv3

Hth,

Paul
Johannes Krackowizer
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the info.