New Discussion юеВ

Missing system-config-printer on RHEL 5.0

SOLVED
Go to solution
Randy Hagedorn
Regular Advisor

Missing system-config-printer on RHEL 5.0

Hi,

We are starting up a redesigned datacenter that includes Hp Blades and an HP EVA4100. Linux was freshly installed onto two of the blades. I want to configure some printers but can not find the 'system-config-printer' command/utility on the system nor is it available in the GUI frontend. I looked under System and Administration, but nothing is listed for Printers under the GUI.

Is this a product that needs to be installed separately once the O/S is installed? If so, were can I get the product from?

Thanks,
Randy
4 REPLIES 4
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: Missing system-config-printer on RHEL 5.0

Just install the system-config-printer rpm file that is located on the installation media.

rpm -ivh system-config-printer*rpm

Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Randy Hagedorn
Regular Advisor

Ivan,

Thanks for the info., I've only been using RHEL for a couple of weeks, and have alot to learn.

Linux was installed off of an ISO image on the SAN, so I need to find how to use the new environmant to install RPM's.

Thanks,
Randy
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor
Solution

Loop mount the ISO if you still have it local ('mount -oloop ').

If not, just 'yum install system-config-printer' should pull it from the internet.
One long-haired git at your service...
Randy Hagedorn
Regular Advisor

I used the 'yum install system-config-printer' to install the printer interface, which I thought was pretty slick.

Thanks to all who helped.

Randy