108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Mondo

SOLVED
Go to solution
John McNulty_2
Frequent Advisor

Oh, and you have change the IP address on the clone server from what it was before right? I mean, you're not running two servers with the same IP address at the same time?
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

I would guess that the image does not have a driver included for the new NIC hardware.

mkinitrd ├в f ├в v initrd-2.6.18-128.1.1.el5 2.6.18-128.1.1.el5

give it a reboot and see if that fixes your issue.

I was testing mondo for awhile but ran into too many issues. I am currently testing mkCDrec. Seems to be more stable, or at least easier to use. The biggest piece, as with mondo, if you are cloning you need to make sure all modules are included to ensure you have a driver after booting the cloned image.

Best of luck.

Ray Bell
Regular Advisor

I am trying to not doa fresh install but I just might have to do so. I'm still lerning Linux as I go and the mondo would be the best bet to get the system setup correctly. Anyway I have the following image:

HP-initrd-2.6.18-92.e15.img so how would I generate a new kernel that will include all new hardware? I added the porliant pack that the new kernel.
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Let's take one step backwards first.

>>From the console I login and try to activated the network card eth0 and I'm not successful

Is there an error when you configure the NIC ? if so please post.

Ray Bell
Regular Advisor

The problem was that eth0 is now eth2. So thanks for the assistance from everyone. I did not know that the eth cards can change postion. I will take that in consideration when doing mondo for all futire system.
Ray Bell
Regular Advisor

The problem was the eth0 change postion after doing the restore.
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Right. Verify the master image's primary nic is also eth2. Else, how could eth2 overwrite eth0? You cloned the master over the client. Common imaging problem.
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law