New Discussion юеВ

Re: Move Data From EVA to DMX

SOLVED
Go to solution
Khalid Shakoor
Regular Advisor

Move Data From EVA to DMX

Hi Gurrz,

I need to move my data from EVA to DMX Storage on RP4440 Running 11.23 and secure path is involved.

Can anybody share with me Secure Procedure to migrate ?

What we are going to do.
Disconnect the Redundant HBA connected from EVA and Connect with DMX Storage.
Present the Disk from DMX Storage and do PV move command. After successfully move the data disconnect EVA and connect DMX redundant path.

Now the issue is as EVA secures path deal with devices path and in DMX Storage power path involved. If I remove the secure path, its reboot my server and come back with original device path and I am afraid its loss my data presented from EVA as the path are changes.

One option is I remove one HBA from Secure path configuration and connect to DMX. Is there any other way?

Thanks in Advance.
Khalid
5 REPLIES 5
Ganesan R
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Khalid,

If you have additional HBA, connect the HBA to DMX. Then present the disks form DMX and add those LUN's to existing VG. I would prefer to go mirroring instead of pvmove which is more safe. Once mirrored with DMX luns you can reduce the mirrors from EVA and vgreduce the EVA luns. Later you can add the EVA HBA to DMX box.

If you don't have additional HBA, you should go with your plan. Remove one HBA from secure path configuration and EVA. Then connect that HBA to DMX and proceed with data copy between the storages.
Best wishes,

Ganesh.
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

if it's possible to migrate the data offline,

them present the new luns from DMX,

create new VG's an them you could use dd + lvextend, if the size of Lvols are bigger as the lvols from EVA.

its very fast and we migrated DMX 2000 to the USP-V.

mikap
Khalid Shakoor
Regular Advisor

Thanks ,Successfully migrate Data :-)

Khalid Shakoor
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

congratulation, and which procedure did you used for the migration ???

mikap
Khalid Shakoor
Regular Advisor

Hi mikap,

Sorry for late reply i did not saw your notification.

The procedure which i follow was.

Disconnect the Redundant HBA connected from EVA and Connect with DMX Storage.
Present the Disk from DMX Storage and do PV move command. After successfully move the data disconnect EVA and connect DMX redundant path.

Thanks
Khalid Shakoor