New Discussion юеВ

Multiple ftpd daemons

SOLVED
Go to solution
loco_vikide
Frequent Advisor

Re: Multiple ftpd daemons

SEP & Ivan - Thanks for the info.

Steven - Firstly, thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

Secondly, please mind your own business. Allow me to remind you that this forum is not intended for debating on personal opions or personal perceptions. People deserve points based on their input. People get zero point based on responses that provides no value other than trying to outsmart the requester. My initial question was very simple: "Can I technically run multiple FTPd daemons on a same server?" So the answer would have been YES or NO then the subject matter could be elaborated further with the question: "Why would you do that?"

Please learn from others, especially from SEP who first responded like a PRO. There is a reason why SEP is now part of the Elite team based on his points track record.

Thank you all for your assistance. I am good to move on with my tasks.

Best Regards
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

loco,

You read way to much into my question. I personally don't care what you do, if it makes you happy. I asked the question because many people of this site seem to try to make simple things more complex. If I know what you want to do, or accomplish, I can better help. You may have not actually needed multiple ftp daemons to accomplish your goal. But it's nice to know that you can take a simple question as a truly sarcastic remark.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
loco_vikide
Frequent Advisor

Court,

>[...]I asked the question because many people of this site seem to try to make simple things more complex[...]

You summarized it well. Unconciously, you underestimate people's knowledge. Sometimes people do things in a complex way not because they don't know or they want to. Sometimes they have to do it 'cause they are mandated to do so even it's against their will.

As a member of the forum, I would never question why people wants to do things the way they want. I only offer info, suggestions and alternative solutions to other members.

I apologize for any mis-understandings if I have read too much into your question. I guess everyone has his/her own manner. Good or bad is subjective.
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

> I asked the question because [...]

Apparently that's too complex a reason in
this situation.

> [...] Unconciously, you underestimate
> people's knowledge. [...]

Amazing.

As this example illustrates so well, a low
estimate is not automatically an
underestimate.
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

loco, you have rarely helped anyone in the forums since you joined in 1999. Give me a break.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
loco_vikide
Frequent Advisor

Yes, I did help some people as much as I could. Iand asked only 3 questions since 1999. FYI - On the track record, I helped more than I asked. So find out more before you jump the gun. Your attitude is very questionable.

I joined way back for knowlege enhancement and learning. It does not mean I worked on subject matter nor have expertise like you guys.

Steven & Court - You guys are amazing. You do have big ego and a lot of time on your hands.

Please cut the crap and move on. There is no more points to pursue this.

Once again, Steven mind your own business. You seem not getting that, don't you. There is no need for you to start a three-way dispute since nothing was initially addresed to you.
loco_vikide
Frequent Advisor

Closed.
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

You are a douche.
loco_vikide
Frequent Advisor

It's so sad to see smart people with such arrogance and immaturity ...
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

I'm trying to mind my own business, but I
have one last question.

> [...] Sometimes people do things in a
> complex way not because they don't know or
> they want to. Sometimes they have to do it
> 'cause they are mandated to do so even it's
> against their will.

Does this mean that you knew that you were
pursuing a "solution" which might be