1751957 Members
5397 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NFS Mount

johnlee_1

NFS Mount

Hi,
When i do showmount -a on a Tru64, its showing me a server have mounted a directory. I went to check the mounted server, a solaris 8 server, and there it does show that mount.

thanks for any feedback.
8 REPLIES 8
Arch_Muthiah
Honored Contributor

John,

What is your Tu65 and Solaris Version? because there are patches released specially for NFS issues on these OS's.

SO try to get the latest patch kit for Tru64 for whatever the version you have and apply all the NFS related patches. Probably they will fix your problem if you have configured your NFS withour any problems.
Also set the block size in solaris box to 8K or less.

Archunan
Regards
Archie
Manish PATHAK_2
Regular Advisor

Hi John,

Can you please post the output of showmount -a and also the patchkit level on your server.

And also which version you are using.

Regards
Manish PATHAK
johnlee_1

Thanks for all the feed back. I'm still new to Tru64 environment. I know i've applied patch kit 5 on this server.

Manish,
here is the output to showmount -a.
# showmount -a
All mount points on localhost:
nyiqriln01.iqfinancial.com:/usr/users/dist
nyriskbk.iqfinancial.com:/dist
nyrisksos.iqfinancial.com:/mnt
nysisw0011.iqfinancial.com:/COMPMGR
nysisw0011.iqfinancial.com:/RAROC
nysisw0011.iqfinancial.com:/usr/users/dist
tkfsix0000.iqfinancial.com:/mnt

what do you mean what version? I'm using solaris 8.

thanks
Manish PATHAK_2
Regular Advisor

John,

PK5 is okie....i am not really getting what exactly is your problem.

With PK5 on TRU64 you shouldnot face the problems with NFS Mount.

Thanks for elaborating your problem.

Regards
Manish PATHAK
johnlee_1

Manish,
The problem I am having is
When i do showmount -a on Tru64 box it shows i have a directory mounted from a server. eg server01:/dist. but when i do umount server01:/dist i get not currently mounted.
server01 is a Solaris 8 with the latest patches from SUN. I've shutdown the solaris 8 server and rebooted the Tru64 machine showmount still shows server01 with dist mounted. I don't have it hard coded in any place. I also try to mount that directory back on Solaris but it just hangs the Solaris box. All i want to do is to mount a Tru64 directory on to Solaris. thanks
Manish PATHAK_2
Regular Advisor

are you doing the automount at system startup,if yes please send me the output of /etc/vfstab & /etc/fstab
Manish PATHAK_2
Regular Advisor

Also what is the procedure you used for mounting.

First youneed to give the share command for the directory that you need to mount on Tru64 and after that mount from the TRU64.
johnlee_1

Manish,
I'm not doing automount at startup. i'm just doing it on command line.
in /etc/exports i have line
/dist
from solaris i do
mount -o vers=2 tru64server:/dist

How do i restart nfs or mount daemon on True 64 w/o rebooting? in Solaris i just share a directory and shareall command. how do i do that in tru64? i want to test this on another Tru64 server but i can't reboot it to make the /etc/exports go into effect.

thanks