8032 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NTP Setup

Qcheck
Super Advisor

NTP Setup

Hi All,

Can I get the steps to implement NTP set up as clients on all my HPUX servers. NTP server is an AIX server.

Thanks in advance!
7 REPLIES 7
Jeff_Traigle
Honored Contributor

Re: NTP Setup

Extensive comments are included in /etc/ntp.conf. The simplest setup, howver, is adding a server line to the file:

server ntp_server_hostname

or

server ntp_server_ipaddress

Also set XNTPD=1 in /etc/rc.config.d/netdaemons so the NTP daemon starts at boot automatically.

Also a good idea to include the server hostname or IP address as the value for NTPDATE_SERVER in that same file.
--
Jeff Traigle
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi :

You can use SAM if you like or edit the appropriate configuration files. I would suggest you read chapter-7 of "Installing and Administering Internet Services: HP 9000 Networking":

http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90685/index.html

Regards!

...JRF...
Qcheck
Super Advisor

Hi Jeff and James,

Your information is very helpful and I did set successful setup on my HP servers.

Thanks again...
John Dvorchak
Honored Contributor

Pratibha, I notice that you are new to the HP forums and we all hope that you find it helpful. I know I do. One thing to remember is to always assign points for helpful answers. This not only rewards the people that helped you but also lets other people seraching for a similar answer to a problem knows that the answer was helpful and correct. Then they can limit their search times to those questions that have a "bunny" or 10 points rewarded for the answers.

Please don't award points for this response as it didn't help with your question.
If it has wheels or a skirt, you can't afford it.
Qcheck
Super Advisor

Hi John,

I don't how to add points to a particular member.

Please educate this illiterate...

Thanks again,
Pratibha
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

Thanks for asking. The link in the sidebar at the left of the Forums page, titled "Support Forums FAQs" has a section on "How Do I Assign Points?". This will answer the question you asked:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#overview

Welcome to our community!

Regards!

...JRF...

Nguyen Anh Tien
Honored Contributor

OPen /etc/ntp.conf file and add

Server Name_or_IP_of_AIX_server
driftfile /var/adm/ntp.drift
HP is simple