1753835 Members
8139 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Need driver for touchscreen on HP Unix 10.20

Mark Christoph

Need driver for touchscreen on HP Unix 10.20

Hello all

Trying to find a driver for a VarTech Systems or ELO Touchsystems touchscreen monitor, for use on HP-Unix 10.20. If you can either send it to me or tell me where I can find/download it, I would much obliged.

thanks

Mark C. - Arizona
4 REPLIES 4
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

I may be pointing the obvious but did you contact the manufacturer for the "device driver" for the lack of a better term ? Or if you know someone who is using it, did you contact them to figure out how they got it done ?

I have never seen a touch screen attached to an hpux host since the OS version was something like 5.x and it was only an hp manufactured touchscreen. And even with all the favorable conditions at that time, it was limping not running.

These drivers would not be delivered by HP as they are 3rd party products.

You might try these.

ELO drivers can be downloaded from
http://www.elotouch.com/support/dnld.asp

VarTech doesnt seem to have a driver download page, so:
VarTech Systems Inc.
11529 Sun Belt Ct.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70809 U.S.A.
Tel: (225) 298-0300 - Fax: (225) 297-2440
Toll-Free (U.S.A & Canada) (800) 223-8050
"Downtime is a Crime."
Mark Christoph

Yes, I have contacted both ELO and VarTech. Neither knew of any specific drivers for HP Unix. Since there are so many developers out there writing drivers and software for Unix products, I had hoped someone somewhere had tackled this problem long ago. I couldn't imagine that we were the first people to try to hook a touch screen to an HP Unix system. I found ELO drivers for other versions of Unix, such as FreeBSD or Linux, but none of those drivers will work with the HP Unix. It looks like our only other option would be to pay someone to write a driver for us, but finding someone who could do that would be just as difficult as finding the driver. The reason we are doing this is because we have a large manufacturing machine that runs HP Unix, that utilizes a touchscreen that was customized to fit this system. The input/output goes through a custom made board that apparently uses basic PS2 mouse protocol. The boards are no longer available and buying a new unit (x15 machines) is cost prohibitive. So, we're trying to take a standard touch screen and make it work, if we can find the drivers.
Pheter

Hi all,

i have a similar problem, i need to install touch monitor Liyama prolite t1531sr-b3 on unix 10.20 but i dont' find driver. I contacted the company, but no asnwer yet.

premise: i am not unix expert

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance

Pheter.