Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to find multipath

RaviTavva
Regular Visitor

Need to find multipath

Hi Team,

I have small doubt, in hp-ux 11.11, rp7420 with veritas environment.

How to find a mutipath for disk avialabilty, "ioscan -m dsf ; vgdisplay -v " commands are not working.

please suggest some one how to find the multipath of disk or alternative disks avialability.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Welcome to the Community > Community Feedback & Suggestions  to HP-UX > sysadmin. -Hp forum moderator

3 REPLIES
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: Need to find multipath

"ioscan -m dsf" will work ONLY on HP-UX 11.31/11iv3.

A 'vgdisplay -v' will show you if you have PVLINKs for your disks.  However, if you need true multipathing on 11.11 you will have to use some 3rd part product like EMC Powerpath.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

There are not really commands to find this out - please tell more about your environment.

If you know for example you have a DS21x0 with 2 cables attached or a MSA30MI with 4 cables attached, you can confirm by a couple of commands that you have multipath.

If you don't know for sure what you really have (e.g. 2 DS21x0 with single cable vs. a single DS21x0 with dual cable) it is hard to tell.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

if he is running Vertias Volume Manager (the full licensed version) he is probably talking about Veritas DMP (dynamic multi-pathing).

I dont know much about it, but I did find an admin guide that may help:

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01919385/c01919385.pdf

Chapter 3 (page 105 of the PDF) starts the DMP topic.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!