108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Need to find the IO for last six month

deepanunix3456
Occasional Contributor

Need to find the IO for last six month

HI

i need to find the IO for a server.

what are all the types of IO,we have to check.

if IO means its related to DISK IO or do we have some other IO.

i need to find all the IO for six months.

3 REPLIES 3
Ken Grabowski
Respected Contributor

What you need to report is usually dependent on the requester of the report.  Most commonly you would report on  Storage IO, but LAN IO is also a possibility. 

Within HP-UX you have the ability to collect that information on storage IO with sar or vmstat. But there is no history. You have to be collecting it before you can report on historical usage.  If you have Measureware or GlancePlus Pak, you can use the extract command to get historical counters for LAN and storage performance. How much you have can vary depending on the setup of the application.

It's been my experience that the network team usually has statistics about your LAN usage and are probably your best source of network IO information. If you use SAN storage rather than local disks, then your storage team probably has a historical record of your IO.

RAJD1
Valued Contributor

You can check historical logs if you have measureware installed, and collecting data.

Use extract command to get data or from perfview graphical interface for last 6 months io,

Extact command can be used like this:

# /opt/perf/bin/extract -xp -r $Template -g -b $6_month_ago_Date  $1 -e today $2 > $Tmpfile 2>&1

Hth,

Raj.

JuanCBarrios
Occasional Advisor

You can do it with Glance .