cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to interrupt boot on Itanium based HP-UX 11.23

Jayu
Occasional Advisor

Need to interrupt boot on Itanium based HP-UX 11.23

We are running EMC's power Path software, on our hp-ux 11.23 Itanium server, which I believe is corrupt and is causing issue while booting the sequence.Is there a way to boot the system iteractively, so that we can eliminate starting power path. The system boots fine and than hangs while starting power path.
Thanks.
Jayu.
4 REPLIES
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Need to interrupt boot on Itanium based HP-UX 11.23

You can stop the boot process while in EFI boot menu or a step later while starting hpux.efi. Each gives you 10 seconds per default.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jayu
Occasional Advisor

Not sure when you say each gives you 10 seconds. The system boots fine until it starts loading different module and stops at EMC PowerPath. I guess I am looking for something like boot -a in Solaris.
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Yes, simply interrupt the auto boot portion and at the HPUX prompt enter:
boot -is vmunix
This boots the system into single user moe and allows you to then work on the server before it has started up all the modules that normally start under run level 3 (multi user mode)
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Jayu
Occasional Advisor

Tried that. But while booting in single user mode itself, it tries to load EMC's power path software and hangs. If some how i can manage to mount / and update it .