1753974 Members
7141 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Network Print queues

Qcheck
Super Advisor

Network Print queues

I am trying to clear the busy print queues on one of my HPux servers. How can I clear the busy queues without canceling the jobs? I get the following right now...
Name Type Enabled To Print Accepting Requests
ajk2001 network yes, busy yes

Please assist the procedure?

Thank you...
5 REPLIES 5
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

What is the command that you ran to get this output ? When you say network print queues, are you referring to the print queues on a printer with jetdirect interface or a printer that is attached to another computer (i.e. a remote printer queue) ? Also, what do you mean by clearing the busy print queues without canceling jobs ? Usually, if a printer is working normally, it will print the jobs and self-clear. It it is stuck due to a printer problem like low toner, out of paper, paper jam or similar, it needs attention from someone local to fix the issue and then it will print normally. If the printer is functioning fine and your print jobs are not printing, maybe you should look into a networking issue, like a changed IP address of the printer maybe...

Mel, Thank you for the response. I got the output from the sam. And the queue prior to the listed one which is busy, has the ipaddress changed. so I canceled those jobs which is different queue. I thought after clearing that queue the rest in the line should be printing. but not, so I thought to there is a away to clear other than canceling the jobs. Looks like not, so I did cancel -e , that cleared the queues and the output of "lpstat -o" is not showing anything which are busy now....
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

I quite did not get what you are trying to do here but operation of one queue should not interfere with other queues.

please post the output from lpstat -t command here

then tell me which queue name you want to clear

Mel, Thank you for the response. Cleared the queues by canceling the jobs. Thanks.
Qcheck
Super Advisor

Found the solution so would like to close the call.