6501 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New version of Software Assistant is available

James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

> Hakki: want to share specific during my trials new SWA software: 1- Server needs an internet connection to get catalog; if you see this error like me:

You can configure a Proxy access with SWA if you don't have direct internet access. There is a very good discussion of the subject of access in this thread:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1334542

> 2- 2nd issue is for HP UX 11iv1 needs patch PHSS_22898...and one of them is crital fix Kernel Patch needs reboot your system:

You're making this more difficult than it is. Bob referenced a mininum (older) patch: PHSS_22898. I would take PHSS_33946 (with a 2-star rating) since this is the most recent successor patch. Yes, read the insatallation instructions, but PHSS_33946 does _NOT_ require a reboot. Besides, you said, Hakki, that your server was a "lab" one.

Regards!

...JRF...
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Honored Contributor

>James: Yes, read the insatallation instructions, but PHSS_33946 does _NOT_ require a reboot.

No PHSS_33946 does _NOT_ require a reboot, but dependency patch PHKL_29243 requires.

-is there any way to get PHSS_33946 alone ??

-After Lab trial I was planning to put into customer servers ..
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

>>-is there any way to get PHSS_33946 alone ??

You **SHOULD NOT** get PHSS_33946 by itself. It depends on the other 2 patches you mention. If you install a patch without its dependencies, then you risk a broken system.
Bob E Campbell
Honored Contributor

Hakki, PHSS_22898 dates back to December of 2000. There are 10 patches that are newer than it. Try the command:

# swlist -l fileset -a supersedes *.*,c=patch | PHSS_22898

If that finds anything then you are OK and the depot we posted at https://www.hp.com/go/swa will not reboot the system.

If it is truly missing then that system is almost a decade out of date. As fond as I am of the systems from that era, my first recommendation is to look into a new system and consolidate.

Failing that, I can tell you that in the last 9 years HP engineers have been busy. If you wish to update your environment you will need to schedule some maintenance windows.

SWA shares code with the ITRC patch assessment tools. If you cannot start with all of SWA you can download swainv from the ITRC and create an inventory. That inventory can be uploaded to the ITRC for analysis (http://www11.itrc.hp.com/service/patch/assessSystemsPage.do?BC=main|) or if you like you could post it here and I could generate an SWA HTML report for you to see what it does.
Bob E Campbell
Honored Contributor

Sorry! My brain meant for the fingers to give the command:

# swlist -l fileset -a supersedes *.*,c=patch | grep PHSS_22898

Read what I meant, not what I typed ;-)
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Honored Contributor

>Bob: If that finds anything then you are OK and the depot we posted at ..

Yes , I got it. I found some patches
PHSS_26946.CORE-64SLIB PHSS_24638.CORE-64SLIB,fr=* PHSS_22898.CORE-64SLIB,fr=*
PHSS_26946.CORE-SHLIBS PHSS_24638.CORE-SHLIBS,fr=* PHSS_22898.CORE-SHLIBS,fr=*
PHSS_26946.LANG-64ALIB PHSS_24638.LANG-64ALIB,fr=* PHSS_22898.LANG-64ALIB,fr=*
PHSS_26946.LANG-MIN PHSS_24638.LANG-MIN,fr=* PHSS_22898.LANG-MIN,fr=*

,so I do not need to reboot in this case .Good news.
Thank you very much. So I am going to establish a proxy access as recommended here.
Regards.
Bob E Campbell
Honored Contributor

Great to here that will work for you. Let us know how things work out.