New Discussion юеВ

Nickel(??) script for True64

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rgomes
Valued Contributor

Nickel(??) script for True64

Hi All,

We use nickel/cfg2html in HP9000 server platform to collect system information. Is there any tool like this for True64/alpha server system to collect system information?

Thanks in advance.

Richard
4 REPLIES 4
Anders Kile
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: Nickel(??) script for True64

You can use /usr/sbin/sys_check to gather information about installed SW/HW, parameter settings etc.

To gather performance data you can use /usr/sbin/collect. It can run with continous output to screen ( ie. "collect -sd -i2" will display disk usage every 2. second.) or collect to a file that can be viewed later ( ie. "collect -f /usr/tmp/collectfile -R 1d" will run for 1 day collecting data to /usr/tmp/collectfile).

the collectfile can later be viewed with /usr/sbin/collgui, wich gives a graphical representation of performance data.

Regards
Anders Kile
Rgomes
Valued Contributor

Hi Kile,

Thank you very much for your reply. Actually I am new to alpha/true64 unix environment.

I understood from your mail that, sys_check is native utility of the OS. Is there any other tool( outside of OS) like nickel or cfg2html tool for True64, that will collect all sw/hw, system parameters, mem and can be seen by html or by any ascii editor?

Thanks and best regards

Richard
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

sys_check generates an html file of the configuration. It is an additional tools coming with the operating system CD.

you call it by typing:

# sys_check > /tmp/hostname

you can specify several parameters to get different results (e.g. config only etc.).
There is no other tool providing this information in detail.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Rgomes
Valued Contributor

Thank you Kile and Ralf.

I understand now.

Best regards
Richard