New Discussion юеВ

Non system disk or disk error, in hpdl360 g7

SOLVED
Go to solution
setare
Frequent Advisor

Non system disk or disk error, in hpdl360 g7

Hello all,
I have a hpdl360 g7, in raid 1 config, but i take out one of two hdds for immunity. Each Hdd is 750 GB 2/5 inch SATA.
One day i use a USB flash memory to transfer some file to it. No more activity with it. After 2 days i decide to work. First using xlaunch from a pc client, after setting, the server login window did not appear, tried 2 or 3 times. Then go to server locally. Connect monitor but the screen is strange green, check rear monitor port, but no difference. I decide to plug out and plug in monitor power, may be solve the fault, but my colleague mistakenly plug out and plug in server power cable, just take out and in, unfortunately bad mistake!
Server restarted, after post report, based on BIOS start up queue go to hdd, but couldn't find it., No system disk, or disk error, hdd led is constant yellow phosphorous Color, a loop of reboot and failed start up function because of hdd not found report. Then i did 2 test, server check and hdd check :
1- I equipped server with another hdd, it was ok, so the server is OK,
2- Took the faulty hdd to another server, again the fault report is repeated, and the other server could not start up from hdd.
Know i have some questions :
1- Why the server get faulty at first, i think that not successful xlaunch that can not show server log in window show that server is not exist in the network,, unfortunately, i didn't test ping, or putty.
2- Why monitor page was strange green color?
3- May be the USB flash memory that used for file trans was faulty and virus, not shore.
4- The most important question is that How can i solved the HDD fault. The HDD content is so important for me.
5 REPLIES 5
setare
Frequent Advisor

Re: Non system disk or disk error, in hpdl360 g7

I appreciate any devices.
setare
Frequent Advisor

Seems to request in another community, how to delete from here.
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

Did you checked drive status in HPE SSA, is it getting detected ?

Put this drive into another working server and check if controller scan it and shows its content , not as boot device.

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

setare
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Finally i send it for repair, they said it was crashed!
I backed up the other raid hdd to a SAS hdd, know the problem is solved!
Best regards.
setare
Frequent Advisor

Now the problem is solved.
Thanks.