cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of the disks in the vg00 has gone bad

Waqar Razi
Regular Advisor

One of the disks in the vg00 has gone bad

I have just noticed that one of the disks in the root volume group has gone bad. It has made several volumes stale in the vg00. We need to replace this disk. I am new here and am not sure if the disks are mirrored. The root volume group has two disks. I have tried to check the lvdisplay to find out if they are mirrored or not. Some of the volumes show 0 copies and some of them show one. Please see the attached document for details.

Can some one please explain the process to check if the 2 disks were mirrored? Also please explain how can I check the quorum checking? In case if it enable, do I need to disable it before we change the hard disks? In case if we need to disable, please specify the procedure to disable the quorum checking.

Thanks for your help.

1 REPLY
donna hofmeister
Trusted Contributor

Re: One of the disks in the vg00 has gone bad

to get this summarized

. 1/0/0/3/0.6.0 (c0t6d0) appears to have failed; this is also your primary boot disk

. 1/0/1/1/0/1/1.6.0 (c3t6d0) is the 2nd disk in vg00 and appears to be functioning

. there are 14 lvols in this volume; 8 appear to be mirrored onto c3t6d0 and c0t6d0l; 5 lvolvs appear to only exist on c3t6d0;  1 lvol (swap2) is reporting it's available/syncd (i'm not sure i believe that)

to check your boot string, do: lifcp /dev/rdsk/c3t6d0:AUTO -

you can always override this if necessary....

i'd suggest 1st that your confirm what disk drives these lvols actually live on. the attached doug o'leary script is one way to do it.

i also suggest you find a copy of 'when good disk go bad' (i think in your case the older/2005 version would be better) and read it like a love letter -- before trying to do anything.