Operating System - HP-UX
1752273 Members
4715 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

P3005n defaulting to manual tray using hppi

LrenH

P3005n defaulting to manual tray using hppi

hppi options for the 3005 allows defaulting the banner to tray 2 (the large main bin accessable from the front) but has no option I can find to make it the default job tray. How do I set it up to send all print jobs to tray 2? The user's print jobs are red-lighting the printer with a message in the LCD display to load paper to tray 1. Tray 1 is has to be opened from the back to manual feed special forms such as envelopes. I used the printer's http interface to set tray 1 to number 10 envelope but that had no effect on the hpnpl print jobs. I'd modify the script for that model printer but I don't know which one to edit or what changes to make.
1 REPLY 1
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

Re: P3005n defaulting to manual tray using hppi

the script should be "/opt/hpnpl/sh/net_lj3005". "man net_lj3005" indicates a "-p tray" option.

suggest you try it manually. see which tray number produces the desired results. then have a look at the "mediasrc" variable in the script. assign it the same as the value used by the "tray option" that worked.

currently, the bannerpagesrc and the mediasrc appear to default to "4". Make sure you make a backup copy, as this is all a guess based on a cursorly look at the script.

there is also a debugm option for the script which is supposed to dump the output to a file, which might show you more about what's going on.

"man net_lj3005" for more info