9529 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

PAM Module 7.0 on RHEL 5.5

Unixworld
Occasional Contributor

PAM Module 7.0 on RHEL 5.5

Hello All,

I am trying to install PAM module 7.0 on RHEL 5.5. However, when I am trying to install it is asking for sdconf.rec location. Can anyone please guide me the procedure the install this software?

Thank you so much!

2 REPLIES 2
Unixworld
Occasional Contributor

Re: PAM Module 7.0 on RHEL 5.5

Please help me for the installation of PAM on Linux server. While installing, it is asking for sdconf.rec file as the prerequiste. Where can I get that from? Am I missing something? Please help me!

Thank you

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: PAM Module 7.0 on RHEL 5.5

RHEL 5 already includes PAM as a standard component: it is the user authentication framework used with just about all modern Linux distributions. After a bit of Googling, I guess you're installing an extra PAM module that would add the support of RSA SecurID authentication to RHEL 5's PAM framework. Right?

In that case, you should have one system that acts as a central management point of your SecurID authentication system, called "RSA Authentication Manager". On that system, you should perform the "Add Agent Host" procedure. This procedure will produce the sdconf.rec file, which you must then transfer to the RHEL host that is going to use SecurID authentication. You can place the file anywhere you want; the only requirement is that you tell where you put it (or are planning to) when installing the RSA SecurID PAM module.

MK