cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning 11.23 Cold install

MSwift
Regular Advisor

Planning 11.23 Cold install

We are planning to do a Cold Install of 11.23 (From Ignite Server) on a N class Box. These have 2 internal 9 gig drives and lot of external 9 gig drives (sc 10 or fc 10). My question is
1. Will it be an issue if i install the os on 2 internal drive and 2 external drive? (since the 11.23 install according to docs.hp says will take around 23-25 G on PA-RISC)

2. Also before starting the install what hardware and firmware levels i have to check? (i think there are some hardware in Nclass which i think do not support 11.23 install), please let me know what i should check in ioscan (like which devices ) to make sure that install of 11.23 would be ok.

I want to determine if the current hardware would be fit to install 11.23. Please Help.

Thanks and Regards

M Swift
5 REPLIES
MSwift
Regular Advisor

Re: Planning 11.23 Cold install

one more information.. Model is

9000/800/N4000-44

Regs

M Swift
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

The Installation guide will tell you what hardware is supported.

http://docs.hp.com/en/5992-1978/index.html

There is nothing to prohibit you from using multiple physical devices for vg00, other than high-availability of the server if part of vg00 fails and you don't have enough drives to have mirrored.

I would strongly urge you to replace your current drives with larger ones if you are going to keep you server in use for a period of time. If this is only a test server, then go ahead and play and enjoy!

Regards!

...JRF...
MSwift
Regular Advisor

Thanks JRF, In looking at the docs they mention for rp7400 etc..Can someone help to match the names (like Nclass with rp7400 etc?) Also looks like i have to look at the PDC, GSP and BMC) .

Thanks

M Swift
MSwift
Regular Advisor

I looked at the server and the server currently has the PDC level of 42.06. can i cold install 11.23 on this server? also since i have 2 internal 9 gig drives and about 16 9 gig drives on my sc10 (concern about mirror etc). also what would be the space the minimum install of 11.23 takes?

Please advice

Thanks

MSwift
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi (again):

> what would be the space the minimum install of 11.23 takes?

This is documented in the installation guide I cited. Your specific requirements may vary from the recommendations. One 9GB disk for vg00 isn't sufficient. You could install to a multi-volume vg00 if this is all you can manage for the moment. That's not optimal from a management standpoint but that may be your only immediate option.

Regards!

...JRF...