108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Printer Creation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Waqar Razi
Regular Advisor

Printer Creation

I need to create Okidata Printer spool queue on hpunix v11.11. We already have an okidata printer configured:

lpstat -t | grep sfabuschoki
device for sfabuschoki: /dev/null
sfabuschoki accepting requests since Oct 22 15:01
printer sfabuschoki is idle. enabled since Oct 22 15:01

How can I see the driver associated with the currently configured printer or make a clone of this queue having the same configuration as the current one.

I use jetadmin for printer creation, please tell me the steps in jet admin or if there is a better way of doing this, please specify that also.
3 REPLIES 3
TTr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Printer Creation

Not sure if this is what you are asking but look in the /etc/lp/interface/sfabuschoki script and find out what the variable PRINTERCFG is pointing to. It should be a file in /opt/hpnpl/admin/printers/XXX.cfg
Then look in this file for the PERIPHTYPE variable. It would be a printer model family such as "lj8000" or "lj4500" etc. Your oki printer may be using a laserjet driver or may be using a proprietary one.
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

hpnpadmin -i x.x.x.x

will tell you which printer id is used; So the same queue id to create another printer with same configuration
piyush mathiya
Trusted Contributor

Hi Waqar,

It is very easy to create a printer queue with "hppi" tool, It is menu base tool, so you can easily understand it, otherwise you can follow some steps as below.

/opt/hpnpl/bin/addqueue -i9998 -q -h -p PASSTHRU -b off

and then goto "/etc/lp/member/" "/etc/lp/interface/" and replace the file with the original one.

and then
/usr/sbin/accept NEW_PTR_NAME
/usr/bin/enable NEW_PTR_NAME

just try it, may will work. . .

Regards,
Piyush Mathiya