7236 Online
108808 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Printer Installation

pkumar97
Frequent Advisor

Printer Installation

Dear Team,
whether we can install XEROX Workcentre 428 printer in hp-ux 11.23 , this printer already have a network card got installed.
10 REPLIES 10
Suraj K Sankari
Honored Contributor

Re: Printer Installation

Hi,

You can try with SAM for install the printer, if your printer is not on the list then choose dumb printer.

Suraj
avizen9
Esteemed Contributor

pkumar97
Frequent Advisor

Dear Team,
there is no jet direct card installed on this . am getting ping to this printer. its already conected to the network also
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

Please install Jetdirect software

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=18922&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=27349&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=7
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

Yo..

"I have assigned points to 5 of 37 responses to my questions."

Please assign points to your post to get better response. Also it just a way of saying Thanks to the answer.

Also you need to have Jetdirect installed on the server for network printers to be configured in HP-UX

Best Luck !!
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
pkumar97
Frequent Advisor

Dear avinash ,
Jet direct software already installed on this machine , i have a question whether we need to install seperate jet direct card for this printer model
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

as i recall, it should install just fine as a laserjet4. if you run the jetdirect installer and get a message regarding "community name", ignore it and continue the installation
pkumar97
Frequent Advisor

Jet direct card also we need to install to that printer right ?
TTr
Honored Contributor

No need to install a jetdirect card. Try OldSchool's suggestion above.