9354 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Printer Question for Linux RHAS 4.0

Jorge Cocomess
Super Advisor

Printer Question for Linux RHAS 4.0

Hi,

I have a printer that goes offline or not ready 3-4 times a day. To get the printer going again, I would have to submit a command "/usr/bin/enable printer_name" and the printer start to print again. Does anyone ever had this issue or any ideas on how I could rectify this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Jorge
3 REPLIES 3
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

├В┬┐What kind of printer and how is attached? ├В┬┐What printer "driver" are you using? ├В┬┐Have you tried to find a ppd for that printer?

├В┬┐What does "lpc status" and "lpq -a" report?
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Jorge Cocomess
Super Advisor

Hi Ivan,

I setup the printer as local laser jet printer and using Raw Print Queue. lpq -a show the jobs that are pending due to the printer is "Not ready". 99% of these printers are HP laser printer. I am not sure what's "ppd" is - Can you explain what should I be looking for in the ppd??

The printer is fine and I can print from Windows e-mail and such without any issues. Just the Linux server find that it was not ready until I can submit the command /usr/bin/enable printer_name and then everything start to print again.

Thank you.
Jorge Cocomess
Super Advisor

Closed thread for now.