1752591 Members
2701 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Printing issues

Soheir Makhlouf
Occasional Contributor

Printing issues

we have several print queues installed to print labels generated by the application on the system. I noticed that i received label with mixed information that doesn't have any record that this label was generated from teh application. The application log entries will display the actual print out of the label and I didn't find that label at all. can it be from the OS? is there a log file to tell me what was printed?
5 REPLIES 5
Jim Walls
Trusted Contributor

The standard spooler keeps its logfile in /var/adm/log

ani007
Super Advisor

Hi,
Fire a test print from Unix end, is it working fine from unix side?

Regards,
Ani
vishnu.khandare
Respected Contributor

Hi Soheir,

Please check by following command
#lpstat -d
It will show u the job in que fr printing....
# cancel joid 0r printer_name

U can cancel the perticular job,

#disable Printer_name
#enable Printer_name

for test print give following command
#lp -d

This is to check printer from server end

Hope this solves ur issue.

Regards
Vishnu Khandare
You should deserve before U desire!!!!
Soheir Makhlouf
Occasional Contributor

I have done all that. my question is if the label printed has wrong information which will be the culprit, the application which generates the information to be printed or the printer which receives the job? i am sure it the application but the application support do not have any record for this job being sent to the printer....You know "blame it on somebody else" type of attitude
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>if the label printed has wrong information which will be the culprit, the application which generates the information to be printed or the printer which receives the job?

I doubt the printer can make up the info on the label. It could have some random output being printed but it isn't likely it would fill out the label in the right format.