3839 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Printing problem

Suriya Prakash
Regular Advisor

Printing problem

Dear All,

We have HP rx2660 model server which loads HP-UX 11i v3, i installed the hp laserjet m3027x on hp server as a remote printer, first on my windows machine i installed the printer and shared as hplaser, on hp server, i installed as remote printer, pls check the details, printer name - hplaser, remote system name - , remote printer name - hplaser, i selected the remote system is on a bsd option and make the printer as default, and i add the entry in hosts file. when i give the print, its in the queue only, not printing. pls help me in this regard.
5 REPLIES 5
Prasanth V Aravind
Trusted Contributor

It seems you have to install this printer as windows remote printer from unix....

Check these link .. it might can help you ..

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324078

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1273480629837+28353475&threadId=957541

http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/ldsprintwindows.html

Gudluck
Prasanth
Suriya Prakash
Regular Advisor

I have been changed somme settings in windows pc registry and now the print is coming, but the first line of the file only comes on the printout rest is blank.what should i do to print the file correctly.

Thanks and Regards,
Suriya prakash.
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

> the first line of the file only comes on the printout rest is blank.what should i do to print the file correctly.

Try printing the myfile using ux2dos like this:

ux2dos myfile | lp -dhplaser

If it prints OK, the PC is printing exactly what you sent. ASCII files in Unix are *not* the same as in a PC. Each line in an ASCII file have nothing but the linefeed (LF) character but the printer expects a carriage return plus a linefeed (CR+LF) to move the start of the next line to the left edge of the paper. Your Windows box (unknown version) may have an option to make LF=CR+LF but if you send a preformatted binary file to the Windows box, it will likely be corrupted by the translation.

It will be better to use ux2dos.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Suriya Prakash
Regular Advisor

Thanks Bill Hassell,

Now i'm able to get the original print with the use of ux2dos command, how can i get the correct print without this command
Suriya Prakash
Regular Advisor

Dear All,

Now i'm getting correct print with the use of ux2dos command, the printer i used was hp laser m3027x mfp, its a network printer, connected directly to the network, i installed in unix by adding as a remote printer.

I'm facing another problem, we have one hp deskjet d1560 printer, i connected this usb printer in my pc and configured as a remote printer in unix, i tried with the same command
#ux2dos /etc/hosts | lp -ddeskjet, but in windows machine i'm getting the error - error printing.

I want to know wheather this printer will support or not, if it supports what are the settings to be done.
Pls help me in this case.

Thanks & Regards,

Suriya Prakash.