New Discussion юеВ

Problem Installing RHEL4 in HP Proliant ML370G5 server

SOLVED
Go to solution
bkchaitanya
Occasional Contributor

Problem Installing RHEL4 in HP Proliant ML370G5 server

Hi,

I have a HP Proliant ML370G5 server and i want to install redhat linux version4 in that.
I configured the RAID1+0 configuration in that.When i try to install linux in that it is saying no devices found.
I have installed the "mptbase","mptscsi" and "cciss" drivers into that.
I came to know about these drivers when i tried to install using another distribution available and during the installation it is displaying loading the above mentioned three drivers.
So with the distribution i have i have added those drivers but still it is displaying the error no devices found.
any suggestion will be great help.

Regards
krishna
2 REPLIES 2
Jess Long
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: Problem Installing RHEL4 in HP Proliant ML370G5 server

Have you gone into the RBSU and verified the controller that you configured the RAID volume for is set to the 'boot' controller, or controller 1? You can get to the RBSU by pressing F9 when prompted during the boot process.

Also, you did not specify which release of RHEL4 you are using. If it is older than Update 3, it may not contain the correct cciss driver for the Raid controller. In that case you need to obtain and use newer driver which can be downloaded from: http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/1116_6214.html
Look for Software-Driver Diskettes. You can use the software on a diskette, or USB drive key.

bkchaitanya
Occasional Contributor

Re: Problem Installing RHEL4 in HP Proliant ML370G5 server

Hi,

thanks for the info