1753943 Members
9129 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem mounting volume of exernal storage

SamirShrestha
Frequent Advisor

Problem mounting volume of exernal storage

I've two rx3600 servers and one MSA60 storage.Both servers connected to MSA with SAS cable via P800 smart array controller. Now I've installed HPUX-v2-11.23 operating system in node 1 and node2 servers in internal hard
disk of servers creating vg00.Also created vg01 for MSA storage and created logical volumes of size 200gb and 50 gb in storage and mounted in node1.

Now want to import vg01 to node 2 and mount logical volume created in the msa storage.
I've imported vg in server node2 and mount 50gb volume in node2 which is successfully mounted.
When I tried to mount volume of 200gb, it gives error " vxfs mount: /dev/vg01/lvol1 is corrupted. needs checking."
kindly advise how to mount this logical volume from node 2.
4 REPLIES 4
Kenan Erdey
Honored Contributor

Hi,

first of all, make sure that you are not mounting same devices at the same time on both node. if it's ok. run fsck /dev/vg01/lvol1. after re try to mount it.
Computers have lots of memory but no imagination
P Arumugavel
Respected Contributor

hi samir,

In normal war a volume group can't be activated in multiple nodes at same time. Ensure you deactivated the VG before mounting the same vg in another node. If not, it will result in data corruption. If yes, as KE mentioned do fsck and try.

Refer the below man page of vgchange.

http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90681/vgchange.1M.html

Rgds...
SamirShrestha
Frequent Advisor

Thank you. For your information, I just wanted to see volume of storage incase of node1 server fails. This is not in HP service guard cluster configuration. Just like to share storage. I've unmounted all volume from node1 and import vg01 in node to and tried to mount vol. of 200gb resided in msa storage, still unsuccessful and same error gives"vxfs mount: /dev/vg01/lovl1 is corrupted.needs checking."
Can I share volume of external storage from second node with unmounting these vol from first node?
Johnson Punniyalingam
Honored Contributor