Operating System - HP-UX
1748142 Members
3584 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem of configuration of a queue for the model LEXMARK FORMS PRINTER 2481

Carlos Corredor
Advisor

Problem of configuration of a queue for the model LEXMARK FORMS PRINTER 2481

Hello, I have problems of configuration of a queue for the following model: LEXMARK FORMS PRINTER 2481. After being created she presents problems on having stamped since in the top part of the leaf characters appear garbage, I suspect that it is a problem of the driver, in hppi the model that I place is the number 35, if someone can help me, Thank you.
The server runs under platform HP-UX 11.23
5 REPLIES 5
Geoff Wild
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem of configuration of a queue for the model LEXMARK FORMS PRINTER 2481

We use lexmark drivers...

The Lexmark driver package must be installed first.

The file to download from http://drivers.lexmark.com/ is DRIVERS-HPUX1X.PKG.Z

uncompress it then swinstall it.

It will install "Lexmark Enhanced Printer Drivers Package" and "Lexmark Screen Fonts Package". After completion, run: /opt/lexmark/setup.print (use the default of bin for Administrative group, and install fonts as an additional font directory.

Then use lexprt program to add queues.

See Enhanced Printer Drivers for UNIX Systems for more information.

Here's a sample session:

Lexmark Enhanced Printer Drivers for UNIX(R) Systems. Version 4.6
By Lexmark

------------------------------------------ [ Main menu ] ------------------------------------------

1) Create a virtual device (mklexdev)
2) Change a virtual device (chlexdev)
3) List virtual device settings (lslexdev)
4) Remove virtual devices (rmlexdev)

5) Create a queue (mklexque)
6) Change a queue (chlexque)
7) List queue settings (lslexque)
8) Remove queues (rmlexque)

9) List queue status (lpstat -p)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Numbered item, [r] Redraw Screen, [?] Help, [e] Exit
Choice:

First, you must create the virtual device:

1) Create a virtual device (mklexdev), enter device name (same as queue) then 3) Network connection then accept.

Next, change the Logfile absolute path to (USE Ctrl 8 to backspace!!): /var/adm/lp/.log
where is the queue name.

Second, create the queue by selecting 5) Create a queue (mklexque)

The print queue subsystem must be
shutdown to create the queue.
Do you want to continue?

[y] Yes, [n] No, [r] Redraw Screen, [e] Exit
Choice:

Answer y

Enter the queue name (same as virtual device), press a to accept, then select the virtual device from the list. Use the following settings:

Current Printer Lexmark 2390 plus Printer
Printer Language Raw

Rgds...Geoff
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

IBM software on HPUX, yuck...

Other than what is mentioned.

1) YOu could just try a different driver that is already on the server for the printer.

2) extract just the driver(s) from the IBM software package then manually copy the drive instead of throwing a whole nother layer of junk at it. If it was a Windoze machine I am sure you would get some ad-ware and spy-ware installed with the package as an added bonus.

cp new_driver_file /etc/lp/interface/model.orig/myprinter

Carlos Corredor
Advisor

Thank you for answering, already lower the drivers of the printer of the site www.lexmark.com, install the driver, but I do not have the program lxprt, in addition the folder /opt/lexmark does not exist not before not after the installation of the driver. That I must do?

Thank you
Geoff Wild
Honored Contributor

Strange,

/usr/bin/lexprt should be a symbolic link to:

/opt/lexmark/markvision/bin/lexprt

Rgds...Geoff
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.
Carlos Corredor
Advisor

Thanks