New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with lsof

SOLVED
Go to solution
so_2
Regular Advisor

Problem with lsof

HiAll,

I just installed lsof (lsof-4.75-hppa-11.11.depot) on my server running HP-UX B.11.00 . The installation was successfull but when I try to run lsof the following error occurs.
/home/in727199 : /usr/local/bin/lsof
lsof: FATAL: pst_status_size should be: 1176; is 920
lsof: FATAL: pst_vminfo_size should be: 1240; is 1096
lsof: FATAL: pst_static doesn't contain pst_filedetails_size
lsof: FATAL: pst_static doesn't contain pst_socket_size
lsof: FATAL: pst_static doesn't contain pst_stream_size
lsof: FATAL: pst_static doesn't contain pst_mpathnode_size
lsof: FATAL: pst_static doesn't contain pst_fileinfo2_size

Could anyone help me on this?
Thanks
s.o
8 REPLIES 8
Kofi ARTHIABAH
Honored Contributor
Solution

Could the problem be that you are trying to use an 11.11 depot on an HPUX 11.00 - I would suggest you download the 11.00 depot and install that instead.

good luck
nothing wrong with me that a few lines of code cannot fix!
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

You broke the rules. Running later release binaries on earlier releases is doomed. Runnning earlier release binaries on later releases works for non-intrusive kernel code.

Regards!

...JRF...
Jonathan Fife
Honored Contributor

See this thread: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=938254&admit=-682735245+1158331740964+28353475

I suggest downloading the version Pete posted, based on the discussion there.
Decay is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence
so_2
Regular Advisor

Thanks for all.

Jonathan, taht worked for 11:00 Thanks a lot. That was an executable.

Is there any such executable for 11:23 ?

Please paste it here if you have got any link.

Once again thanks a lot for the timely help.

S.O
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Jonathan Fife
Honored Contributor

This one looks like it's for 11.23 based on the URL:
http://the-other.wiretapped.net/security/host-security/lsof/binaries/hpux/B.11.23/ia64/lsof_4.77.gz

And just to be complete, the one for 11.11: http://the-other.wiretapped.net/security/host-security/lsof/binaries/hpux/B.11.11/lsof_4.76.gz

Note -- I haven't tried either of those, but hopefully one of them will work for you.
Decay is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence
so_2
Regular Advisor

Thanks Jrf,
But this is a production server and the file you mentioned is in depot format. I have to install on the server.
That take long hours to get my change request approved by service management team!!!

Jonathan, that did not worked . It seems made for IA64. Any way I will get the change raised to install .

Thanks again for all your help. Also if anyone have an executable for 11.23 (pa risc) please paste it here.

Thanks
s.o
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi (again):

In my opinion, you would do well to educate your management on the *value* of SD-UX.

I *want* a SD-UX depot so that when I 'swinstall' I have a record of it in the IPD (Installed Product Database) -- '/var/adm/sw'. I also want be able to run 'swverify' against the installed material in order to to rectify permisssions and/or ownerships should something unforeseen happen. I also want to be able to 'swremove' whole products and their associated filesets and files without having to hunt down their installation points.

From a change management perspective, let alone an auditing standpoint, SD-UX depots are the appropriate method.

Regards!

...JRF...