1745831 Members
4384 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problems with ASE on True64 4.0

Telia BackOffice
Valued Contributor

Problems with ASE on True64 4.0

I have a problem on True64 version 4 patchlevel 1229. I keep getting the following errors on node A, which are runing cluster

Jul 23 10:52:25 uffix cnxmibd[411]: clntudp_create: out of memory
Jul 23 10:52:25 uffix ASE: uffix AseMgr Error: can't find director in portmap, retrying...

And on node B
Jul 23 02:39:10 fix ASE: uffix AseMgr Error: can't connect to the director, giving up.
Jul 23 02:39:40 fix ASE: uffix AseMgr Error: can't find director in portmap, retrying...

I'v checked the the portmapper is runing on both machines and the asedirector are also runing. The errors began 12 hours ago, and nothing has been change on the system. Has anyone seen this before..
5 REPLIES 5
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Re: Problems with ASE on True64 4.0

The message indicates not asedirector is running. please check if an asedirector is running if not start it manually.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Telia BackOffice
Valued Contributor

Hallo again

The asedirector are runing on node B, I can see it if I do a ps -ef. Are there some way that I can try communicate directly with the daemon.
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

kill the asedirector and start it again.
Telia BackOffice
Valued Contributor

found out that I needed to change 5 kernel parameters on each node and restart the machines.. Thanks for trying helping.
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Could you please explain what kernel parameters you have changed?

Ase requires no special kernel parameters and I bet after rebooting the cluster ASE works - with or without changing any parameters....