1753792 Members
7164 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Product gone missing from swlist

Van den Broeck Tijl
Valued Contributor

Product gone missing from swlist

I wanted to setup shadow passwords for an HP-UX 11i v1 machine using the ShadowPassword_B.11.11.03.depot.

When installing ShadowPW and all the necessary patches included in the depot it stumbles upon an error:
The corequisite
"PHCO_27064.CORE-SHLIBS,fa=HP-UX_B.11.11_32/64" for fileset
"ShadowPW.SHADOW,r=B.11.11.03" cannot be successfully
resolved.
ERROR: The dependencies for fileset "ShadowPW.SHADOW,r=B.11.11.03"
cannot be resolved (see previous lines).
You must resolve the above dependencies before operating on
this fileset or change the "enforce_dependencies" option to
"false".
The corequisite
"ShadowPW.SHADOW,r=B.11.11.03,fa=HP-UX_B.11.11_32/64" for
fileset "ShadowPW.SHADOW-MAN,r=B.11.11.03" cannot be
successfully resolved.

According to swlist, OS-Core.CORE-SHLIBS is not installed at all. Which I find very weird, since I thought it was a core subproduct.
A further check brings even more confusion, all the files normally installed with the OS-Core.CORE-SHLIBS subproduct are... installed!

It seems to me that the software database "forgot" OS-Core.CORE-SHLIBS.
- Is there a way to re-install the subproduct without causing trouble with allready installed patches such as PHCO_27758.CORE-SHLIBS, PHCO_28605.CORE-SHLIBS, PHCO_30514.CORE-SHLIBS, ...
- Can I let the database "remember" it DOES have OS-Core.CORE-SHLIBS installed, somehow push it back into the software database.
4 REPLIES 4
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

Tijl,

enforce_dependencies=false in the options menu of swinstall.

Luk
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Van den Broeck Tijl
Valued Contributor

Thanks Luk, that got me to install the bundle.

But the main problem of database inconsistency still remains.

Peter,
I did check with the swverify, it also complained OS-Core.CORE-SHLIBS was nowhere to be found.
However the product is listed in /var/adm/sw/products/INDEX and I can find it in swagent.log:
* Installing fileset "OS-Core.CORE-SHLIBS,r=B.11.11" (8 of 684). Thus it was installed & registered once.

I can't find it in /var/adm/sw/products/OS-Core, where it should be.

swreg requires a depot file to operate, right? I've only got the folder from the installation cd.

So I'm going to backup the system and manually copy the /var/adm/sw/products/OS-Core/CORE-SHLIBS folder from another machine, so that it is aware of OS-Core.CORE-SHLIBS again.
Are there perhaps any other entries I must update?
Van den Broeck Tijl
Valued Contributor

Ok, that didn't help much either. I copied over /var/adm/sw/products/OS-Core/CORE-SHLIBS and I fixed /var/adm/sw/products/OS-Core/CORE-SHLIBS/INDEX to see the correct patches. Both have been in vain, swlist/swverify still doesn't find it.