108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Program can not be run in the cron environment

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>JRF: I only use POSIX or Korn shells so the syntax of the included material should be compatible in either case ;-)

That's not relevant. If you source something, you use your current shell. The #! is just a comment. You also can make the file non-executable so it is never executed as a script.
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi :

> Dennis: > JRF: That's not relevant. If you source something, you use your current shell. The #! is just a comment. You also can make the file non-executable so it is never executed as a script.

I am quite aware of both statements. When I said that, "I only use POSIX or Korn shells so the syntax of the included material should be compatible in either case" I meant that I include the interpreter line as documentation for the body of the included file's contents if/when a human reads the file's contents. If I was running the standard POSIX shell but attempted to source a file containing 'setenv' statements from your favorite C-shell, the POSIX shell is going to complain loudly when it encounters the 'setenv' statement (not the interpreter line).

Regards!

...JRF...
arking1981
Frequent Advisor

Dear all,

Thanks for your great help.
Now my cronjob is working.

I am closing this thread now.
Apologize for replying so late, just too busy.

Regards
Kang
Hello world...
arking1981
Frequent Advisor

Solved based on the comments
Hello world...