1748213 Members
3834 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Program is unable to write to an nfs mounted drive...on HPUX

Sherazac

Program is unable to write to an nfs mounted drive...on HPUX

Hi

I have a HPUX server: HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 having two partitions. One running an oracle 9i db and the other is a mediation server hosting files to be loaded into the db.

We are loading data using the external file method. The ext dir on the database server is mounted onto the Mediation server, such that bdf on the mediation server shows:

O2:/home/OP/ext
524288 255280 269008 49% /OR

O2 is the name of the database server.

Now the problem is that when the loader attmepts to load files into the db, it first creates external files in the ext folder on the MED server but is unable to, hence all ext files created on the MED server are '0' bytes.
Investigating further, I found out that the loader (exe) is unable to write to an nfs mounted drive. Because when I created another folder with the same name but not nfs mounted, everything worked a treat.

Could someone please avise?

Regards
Sherazac
4 REPLIES 4
Kenan Erdey
Honored Contributor

Hi,

did you try copy file or create a file after logging as the user which mediaton application uses ? what error does it give ?

by the way why don't you mount drives that hosting ext filesystem to the mediation server ? so mediation server writes down locally, and then you nfs mount to database server so it reads from nfs.
Computers have lots of memory but no imagination
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Is the directory writable by the user? Who is the user? If root, have you exported it with root as root?
Is the filesystem exported and mounted with RW?
ManojK_1
Valued Contributor

Can you please paste the output of the following commands.

From NFS Server
#exportfs
#ll /home/OP/ext

NFS Client
#id
#ll /OR

Manoj K

Thanks and Regards,
Manoj K
singh sanjeev
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Is NFS file system is properly exported O2, it look more like permission problem.

try to remount the directory with permission and ownership ,you can try exporting for everyone if this is a temprorary arrangement:

onNFS server:
exportfs -u /home/OP/ext
then
exportfs -i /home/OP/ext

on client server
mount O2:/home/OP/ext /OR

----------------------------
else on NFS server
exportfs -F nfs -o rw=O2 /home/OP/ext

ALL the best.
Sanjeev Singh