1748205 Members
4538 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RHEL 4 LUNS not visible on one PATH

brian_31
Super Advisor

RHEL 4 LUNS not visible on one PATH

We have a RHEL 4 server, where i see on one qlogic HBA all the PATHS to luns, but on the other adapter i do not. if i cd /sys/class/scsi_host/host1 then i see all the targets but do not on other host (host2), i have rebooted and still no help, i have also tried the echo тАЬ- тАУ -тАЭ > /sys/class/scsi_host/host2/scan recommended in the online storge config guide, but no help. Could someone please guide here? I do not see any errors with that HBA.

Thanks

Brian.
17 REPLIES 17
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Try this command:

echo 1 > /sys/class/fc_host/host2/issue_lip

It should cause the 2nd FC card to reset itself, making the fibre link go down and then up again. Since your 2nd card is not seeing any LUNs at the moment, this should not cause any harm.

You should see the link down/link up messages at the end of the "dmesg" listing.

Then scan again:
echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host2/scan

If this does not help, there might be problems with your SAN zoning/masking settings. In other words, either a SAN switch or the storage system itself is not allowing the 2nd HBA to see the LUNs. In that case, verify that your SAN admin has the correct WWN for your 2nd HBA, and ask him/her to double-check the SAN configuration.

MK
MK
brian_31
Super Advisor

Matti

I do not even see a fc_host under /sys/class, i only see scsi_host. Please let me know what should i do?

Thanks

Brian.
brian_31
Super Advisor

Also there are 32 luns on each path presented, so RHEL 4 should see 64 luns on 2 PATHS. Just a info. is there any limitation in modprobe.conf with LUN limits with qlogic??

Thanks

Brian
brian_31
Super Advisor

I noticed something like a reset but no fc_host directory? another question is there any change to make more luns visible like options scsi_mod max_scsi_luns=128??

Thanks

Brian
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Not really familiar with RHEL 4 but you can try installing Qlogic SAN Surfer (scli) and see what's going on.

Other things to check, make sure host2 is indeed your 2nd Qlogic HBA.

Under sys/class/scsi_host/host2:

cat out the following:

model*, state

Hakuna Matata.
brian_31
Super Advisor

I have verified that host2 is indeed the 2nd HBA. scli is not much help as the hosts does not see the new LUN's.

Thanks

Brian
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Using scli, can you discern if the switch port port-id is seen by your 2nd HBA? Likewise, if you've access to the SAN switch, can you check if the 2nd HBA is logged in to the port it is plugged in to and you can see the HBA's WWID?

If all checks well and good, then next to check is your zoning and EVA Host Group definition sir -- mak sure the hosthroup has the correct HBA wwids defined.

Ciao.
Hakuna Matata.
brian_31
Super Advisor

Good idea!. How do i see the switch port port-id from scli for the 2nd HBA? This will narrow it down..

Thanks

Brian
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

scli

HBA Paramaters
Select HBA
Display HBA Parameters

First Line should show the Switch Port ID:

HBA Instance 6: QLE2462 Port 1 WWPN 21-00-00-1B-32-97-83-61 PortID 05-E6-00

In my case, it is logged on on Switch Port ID 0x05e600 on my Brocade SW48K Director.

HTH

Normally though, such data is in a file in /sys/class/fc_host/hostN/port_id

But you seem to say that path is not on an RHEL 4 system.

Hakuna Matata.