1752625 Members
4741 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RHEL 4 LUNS not visible on one PATH

TwoProc
Honored Contributor

On the adapter that's not seeing anything... if you plug and then unplug the SAN line, do you see the plugin/unplug events showing up in dmesg (/var/log)?
If so, do you see the controller listed in the events output? Do you have activity/status lights?

It would help verify that it's really there as far as the OS and hardware are concerned.
We are the people our parents warned us about --Jimmy Buffett
brian_31
Super Advisor

Yes the fc_host is not present in this RHEL 4 box, I did find the port -id for both hba's. One other thing in noted in modprobe.conf was an entry
options scsi_mod max_luns=256

is this syntax correct?

Thanks

Brian.
brian_31
Super Advisor

We atill have this issue. SAN team has checked everything from their side and find no problems, next is to replace the HBA on host2 although there seems no errors showing up, any ideas??

Thanks

Brian
Simon Hargrave
Honored Contributor

Are you using HP supplied qlogic drivers or native red hat? If HP (you should see /proc/scsi/qla2xxx directory) then perhaps to have them configured in qlogic multipath mode? (check modprobe.conf).

If that is the case then I would expect to see what you are seeing. The qlogic driver 'hides' all but one path for each Lun from the SCSI subsystem , so you only see one path.

I can check the parameter names when I get to work (posting this from mobile).
Simon Hargrave
Honored Contributor

Look for the option ql2xfailover=1 against the qla2xxx driver in /etc/modprobe.conf. You can also cat /sys/module/qla2xxx/ql2xfailover.

If failover is enabled, then you can then use the SANSurfer tool to enumerate the individual paths.
brian_31
Super Advisor

Simon

Nail on the head! I see the cat /sys/module/qla2xxx/ql2xfailover set to 1, but the modprobe.conf file does not have failover to 1. Here it is from modprobe.conf

grep -i qla /etc/modprobe.conf
alias scsi_hostadapter1 qla2xxx_conf
alias scsi_hostadapter2 qla2400
options qla2xxx ql2xmaxqdepth=2
install qla2xxx /sbin/modprobe qla2xxx_conf; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install qlx
remove qla2xxx /sbin/modprobe -r --first-time --ignore-remove qla2xxx && { /sbi}
options qla2xxx extended_error_logging=1
options qla2xxx ql2xfailover=0

so how could the /sys/module/qla2xxx/ql2xfailover be set to 1? Please clarify ASAP. Thanks for all the support.

Thanks

Brian
brian_31
Super Advisor

confused?? how would modprobe.conf be set to 0 for failover and how could the /sys/module/qla2xxx/ql2xfailover be set to 1? host2 is not seeing the PATH? could someone explain this situation please?

Thanks

Brian
brian_31
Super Advisor

Any Thoughts??

Thanks

Brian